Submit to Speak
Potential Speakers, Industry Experts, and Data Center Colleagues:
Welcome to Data Center World Local - Dallas 2017 and thank you for your interest in participating to speak at this event.
Data Center World Local is committed to bringing the best, most relevant vendor-neutral education in the industry to this one-day event. With topics related to IT & Facilities Management, we have education for every member of your local data center team. The upcoming Dallas event topics to be covered will fall into one of the tracks listed below.
Event Theme: DATA CENTER WORLD LOCAL – Educating and Connecting Data Center Professionals at the Local Level
This track focuses on the day-to-day tasks related to the management of technology infrastructure components and the needs of individual applications, people, services, security, storage, networking and connectivity elements of a IT Operations Team.
Topics: Cloud, Best Practices, BC/DR, DCIM, Risk Assessments, Staffing, Strategy, Data & Network security, Metrics, Managing remote systems.
This track focuses on the Data Center Facility. From build-out to redesign of data center and the support systems, including automation, Codes, Efficiencies, electrical, cabling structures, fire suppression and commissioning.
Topics: Commissioning, Regulations and Codes, Build, Upgrade/Retrofit & Expansion, Efficiencies
Submissions will be reviewed and considered when the following submission guidelines are followed:
- Submit purely educational content. No company or product sales pitches. If you are interested in highlighting your company, products or services, please contact Erin.Heekin@penton.com for more information.
- Make your title and abstract not only descriptive with key takeaways and learning objectives - but also attention grabbing and eye-catching. Give attendees “WIIIFM” - What is in it for me? Make your case for why your topic is urgent and important to the industry (globally or locally) and the careers and/or facility/company the attendee’s work for.
- Abstracts should be no more than 100 words in length - around 4 - 5 short sentences.
- Submissions must fall into one of the above listed tracks and topics in order to be considered.
- Before you submit, confirm:
a. You (and any proposed panelists) are available to speaker any time on February 22, 2017 at this event location. (Specific time requests may not be accommodated so we ask that you are available all day during the event.)
b. You have already received permission to attend/travel/speak. (Travel & hotel fees are at the expense of the speaker.)
c. You have enough content to cover the full 50 minutes (minimum) time slot.
- If your session will contain proprietary information that will limit the distribution of slides or the recording of your session, please note that in your submission.
- Speakers are required to create supporting PPT slides on a provided PPT template and submit approximately 2 weeks before the event for review, approval, and final upload.
- If you are submitting a case study, workshop, panel session, or multi-hour session - please state that clearly in your submission.
Sessions will take place on February 22, 2017 - at the AT&T Stadium, Home of the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington, TX.
Submission deadline: January 9, 2017 **Submit early -limited speaking spots are available.**
If you are interested in future speaking opportunities - please fill out the SPEAKER INTEREST FORM.